IRCTC LOGIN : Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. Is shortly called as IRCTC. It is a Public Sector Enterprise under Ministry of Railways. This IRCTC is an up-gradation for the Indian Railways. In order to professionalize, manage the catering and Hospitality services and extend the arm of the Indian Railways, IRCTC was incorporated. IRCTC was incorporated on 27th September, 1999. It delivers its services at stations, on trains and other locations. Its main intentions is to promote domestic and international tourism through development of budget hotels, special tour packages, information and commercial publicity and global reservation systems. Internet Ticketing has brought a great deal of professionalism in the Indian Railways operations. The corporate office of IRCTC is situated at New Delhi, which is headed by the Managing Director. For smooth operations of the business across all over the country, five zonal offices are working at Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Secunderabad. The main business activities of IRCTC are Catering, Tourism, Internet Ticketing. IRCTC has brought a change in the phase of the Indian Railways. It pioneered internet-based rail ticket booking through its website, as well as from the mobile phones via GPRS or SMS. In addition to e-tickets, Indian Railways and Catering Tourism Corporation also offers I-tickets that are basically like regular tickets except that they are booked online and delivered by post. IRCTC is shortly a travel planner. It offers online rail ticket booking, and checking of ticket reservation status, includes train schedules, availability of tickets etc.
IRCTC Login – How to Login to IRCTC on PC ?
In order to get logged in to the IRCTC and have their services you need to have an account in the IRCTC website. The procedure for creating this account is very simple. In order to create the account in IRCTC, just follow this simple steps.
- Go to the official website of IRCTC : Click Here
- After entering the site, you will see different categories like tour
packages, flights, hotels and lounge, special holidays, E- ticketing, E- catering etc;
- You also find a separate block naming Login with blanks for User ID and password.
You can only enter these details once you have created an account in the IRCTC.
- Click on the link Sign up below. Then you are redirected to the details filling page.
- You will be asked your name, date of birth, gender, occupation, mobile number,
nationality, residential address.
- You also need to provide a security question and an
answer for it.
- Remember that you need to have a valid e-mail ID to complete the sign up process.
- After submitting all the details once check your email and validate your account.
- Return to the home page of IRCTC and login into your account by using your login details.
How to Login to IRCTC on Mobile ?
Instead of using IRCTC on PC, you can also do the same on your mobile phones.
All you need is a GPRS connections and an application supporting smart phone.
IRCTC came out with its official Indian Railway app, called IRCTC Connect, it
is available for Android phones running version 4.1 or above. This application
on the play store has received mostly positive reviews.
What you need to do to use this application on your smart phone is just follow
these simple steps so that you can enjoy the application on your phone.
- Make sure your phone is well connected with GPRS connection and your phone android version is 4.1 or above.
- Get onto Google play app in your mobile phone and enter IRCTC Connect in the search box.
- The size of this file is also small and is just 5.7MB.
- Download the app and install it in your device.
- After installation, open the app. There you can find New Booking, Train List,
Add Passenger, Payment etc; windows.
- Now you can easily book your train tickets by using you mobile phone with this
IRCTC has changed the phase of booking train tickets. This new and improvised way of booking
tickets is getting popular as it has became very easy for the passengers to book the tickets.
Thank you for visiting our website do share this article with your friends and family, Have a happy journey with IRCTC.